Carbonate and reef reservoirs. Exploration. Modeling. Production
Price to be provided upon request
Dates to be agreed with the customer
Instructor(-s): Timofey Baranov
About the course
The purpose of the course is to study reef and carbonate deposits and apply knowledge into exploration and modeling of reef reservoirs.
In the framework of the three-day course "Reef and Carbonate Reservoirs", specialists will learn about the structure and regional distribution of reefs and other carbonate build-ups, their differences, types, facies and carbonate specific reservoir structure/texture. Reefs oil fields in Russia and around the world, as well as the evolution of reef systems from the Cambrian to our days is discussed. Such spacious approach allows geologists to make regional predictions and apply the method of analogues. Students are free to have materials for discussion with them.
Upon completion of the course participants will be able to:
- diagnose carbonate build-ups using geological and geophysical data,
- determine the types of carbonate rocks in thin sections,
- carry out facies analysis to aid in reef and other carbonate reservoirs distribution forecast and reserves estimation.
- Carbonate platforms
- Carbonate build-ups
- Regional distribution of carbonate build-ups
- Basics of carbonate sequence-stratigraphy
- Hydrocarbons in carbonate build-ups
- Carbonate reservoirs and their PoroPerm properties
- Diagnostic features of carbonates
- Practical exercises: core (thin sections), well logs and seismic – carbonates signatures
- Carbonate reservoir modelling
- Case studies from around the world
- Practicalities in reef systems study