Our team of experienced geophysicists, petrophysicists, geologists and geomechanics specialists along with reservoir and well completion engineers will provide full geological support for the project. OILTEAM has proven track record of completing international projects. OILTEAM performs studies at various stages of field life cycle:
Regional analysis of sedimentary basins and oil and gas bearing systems, prospectivity assessment, petrophysical modeling, seismic survey design, seismic imaging, facies and seismic facies modeling, identification of prospective structures, hydrocarbon potential assessment, estimation of reserves, uncertainty analysis of reserves and risk analysis of geological exploration forecasting. Understanding of sedimentation conditions, sedimentological analysis from core data, geophysical curves and seismic data allows creating a digital field model that takes into account the geological structure of the deposit and, therefore, to conduct a comprehensive analysis of the influence of geological factors on field development technological parameters.
Systematization of seismic and geological survey results for use of obtained data in the geological and hydrodynamic models, reserve estimation, sensitivity analysis, design of development plan and project technical justification.
• Reservoir engineering
Production monitoring, analysis of current development state, selection of wells for workover, efficiency analysis of EOR methods, evaluation of reservoir productivity, assessment and audit of recoverable reserves, risk identification, uncertainty assessment and optimization of field development.
The scope of services provided by OILTEAM for analytical support of field geological exploration includes: Geomechanical modeling and Geosteering
Solving problem of complex mathematical description of production systems and reservoir using standard separate calculation tools is ineffective, because it is impossible to assess the impact of different elements of the production system on each other during development period.
OILTEAM Company uses modern analytical approaches of integrated modeling to solve this problem, when all components are combined into a single model "reservoir - well -gathering system - processing facilities". The results of its application allow to significantly improve field management quality and validate decision making, on the basis of objective assessment of the interaction of various production elements and solution of optimization problems.
Using integrated modeling approach, OILTEAM specialists solve the following field management challenges:
- definition of effective operating modes of gathering and processing facilities;
- optimization of well performance parameters;
- design of surface facilities;
- drilling plan generation;
- design of field development.
Geosteering is the process of analyzing and correcting the well trajectory while drilling based on real-time data, in order to increase the penetration of the most productive part of the reservoir, which is a very important factor during horizontal drilling.
Oilteam specialists carry out preliminary studies for geosteering model creation and risk analysis, provide round-the-clock drilling data monitoring (deviation survey, gamma logging, resistivity logging, azimuthal imagers), update the original model according to operational data and generate recommendations for correcting the horizontal bore in the target stratum according to the geological tasks. This allows the Customer to solve the following tasks:
- The efficiency of reservoir penetration is increased;
- The wellbore is kept at the required distance from the WOC and GOC;
- Intersection of desired geological boundaries;
- Significant reduction of drilling risks
Geomechanical modeling allows description of the mechanical properties of rocks and the redistribution of rock stress in the reservoir as a response to changes in pore pressure and temperature as well as processes occurring during field exploration and development.
Use of geomechanical modeling increases the efficiency of field exploration and development, and reduces costs associated with the elimination of emergency situations.
We provide our Customers with the entire range of geomechanical modeling solutions from core laboratory studies to the construction of 3D geomechanical models, which ultimately allows us to solve the following tasks:
- Reservoir quality assessment,
- Reservoir compaction evaluation,
- "In situ" rock stress definition,
- Pore pressure forecast;
- Definition of optimal well trajectory;
- Calculation of optimal drilling mud weight;
- Optimization of drilling process;
- Well design optimization;
- Sand production forecasting and control,
- Wellbore stability assessment and control;
- Definition of "packer-port" system placement;
- Hydraulic fracture propagation forecast,
- Optimization of hydraulic fracture geometry;
- Description of natural fractures;
- Increasing the efficiency of reservoir development with natural and hydraulic fractures;
- Liquid and steam injection efficiency evaluation;
- Evaluation of shear deformation and casing pipe collapse.
- Oilteam geomechanics experts will help the Customer companies perform additional geomechanical 1D and 3D modeling of wells and deposits, respectively, in order to minimize risks when drilling and developing new wells and to predict changes in mechanical properties during field exploration and development.