Reservoir Stimulation: Hydraulic Fracturing
Price to be provided upon request
Dates to be agreed with the customer
5 days/10 days
About the courseThe course aims to provide comprehensive understanding of design, execution and quality control of reservoir treatments. The students will be introduced to all aspect of hydraulic fracturing process including type of reservoirs, formations and well candidate for fracturing; modeling of hydraulic fractures; design and intepretation of calibration treatments, and the types of fracturing fluids and proppants used in the industry. Quality control is discussed. Fracking in unconventional reservoirs is given attention.
The course is designed for engineering staff involved in all aspects of well stimulation.
Upon completion of the course participants will be able:
- To apply hydraulic fracturing concepts
- To select well candidates for fracturing
- To establish fracturing objectives
- To discuss with Service Companies the full Design-Execution-Evaluation process.
- Reservoir Stimulation in Petroleum Production
- Formation Characterization: Well and Reservoir Testing, Rock Mechanics, Well Logs
- Basics of Hydraulic Fracturing
- Mechanics of Hydraulic Fracturing
- Fracturing Fluid Chemistry and Proppants
- Fracturing Operations
- Fracturing Evaluation, Post-Treatment and Fractured Well Performance
- Horizontal Wells Specifics and Evaluation
- Multi Stage fracturing
- Multi Stage Horizontal Wells Completions
- Multi Stage Frac Evaluation and Well Performance monitoring
- Unconventional Reservoirs and Multi Stage Fracturing