Induction course for seismic data processing geophysicists
Price to be provided upon request
Dates to be agreed with the customer
Instructor(-s): Sergey Zaykov
10 days (2 weeks)
About the course
The course discusses geophysical basic aspects, geovation fundamentals, its architecture, geovation interactive applications for seismic data QC and other procedures, basic principles of data processing in geovation. The students will acquire basic knowledge of geophysical techniques for 2D/3D seismic data processing and QC using geovation software.
The course is designed for geophysicists without any experience in data processing.
Upon completion of the course participants will have fundamental understanding of geophysical methods for seismic data processing and QC using geovation software.
Introduction into geophysical aspects
- Seismic data acquisition
- Basic principles of seismic data processing
- Processing geophysicist issues
- Seismic data recording
- Geovation – Architecture overview. Geovation fundamentals.
- XPS – Overview.
- SDS – Overview.
- Noise attenuation
- Acquisition geometry (2D/3D)
- Static corrections
- Seismic wave velocity (NMO, velocity analysis)
Geovation fundamentals (General part)
- Architecture overview. Basics.
Jxjob: Job coding with new headers (FHA)
Geovation interactive applications
- Expose and Khoros as QC tools
- Pacesetter overview
- Onset: geometry analysis and control.
- Fbpick: Interactive first break picking
- LineTie: Untie analysis
- Tornado: imaging and quality control
Land data basic processing (geovation + processing practices)
- Field geometry quality control and loading
- Amplitude analysis
- Static correction application
- Velocity analysis
- Noise attenuation
- Multiple attenuation
Geovation interactive applications used
- Geovation interactive applications for seismic data quality control and other procedures (Geodesk, JSEG2FI, jXjob, Expose, Khoros, Pacesetter, LineTie, Fbpick, Dynamo, etc.).